Course Level: Basic
Prerequisites/Advance Preparation: None
Method of Presentation: Lecture and discussion
Recommended Time Frame: 8 hours (can be adapted for shorter session)
Designed For: All professionals who want to manage their most precious asset, their time, more effectively and profitably
To help participants create more effective time management, enabling them to fit in time to market themselves and their organizations without negatively affecting their other job-related responsibilities and billings
To “open up” blocks of time for participants so they have more time for their families and other interests outside of work
To teach professionals how to prioritize their work load, identify work to delegate, and how to delegate said work most effectively – while still controlling the quality of the work product
To teach participants a practical, systematic approach to time management that leads to more control over their lives
To demonstrate how to use a pocket calendar in the most effective manner (attendees leave with a “Day-Timer” provided by the instructor).
- The biggest mistakes professionals make in managing their most precious asset: time
- Common traits of the Best Time Managers: How the most effective professionals manage their time and what separates them from their competition
- What is “time management”?
- Time management test: Diagnosing how you invest your most precious asset; Prioritizing your work schedule
- Time usage analysis: Uncovering the traps that waste time
- Delegating for maximum results: A proven six-step approach
- Growing the people you have into more valuable assets
- Looking into the future: Coordinating your goals with how you invest your time
- Prioritizing your workload: Separating the urgent from the vital
- How to accomplish large and difficult projects in a minimum amount of time
- Leading your life vs. being subordinated to your schedule
- How to create balance in your life
- Designing your future: How to set and achieve your goals
- The Six Steps of Systematic Time Management
- 76 ways to save time and maximize your efforts
- Instruction and demonstration of the proper and most effective utilization of a pocket calendar (using the “Day-Timers” calendar – or the system of the firm or individual uses – as a sample).
- Attendees are provided with these calendars.